Maple loves her mobile. We saw this at our friends' house who hosted the birth class reunion, and Maple fell in love with it. For the first time ever, she liked getting her diaper changed. (The mobile was above the changing table). In fact I think she would have been happy to have her diaper changed continuously for the next two years. So of course we ran out and bought her the mobile. What kind of parents do you think we are?
By the way, the outfit that Maple is wearing in this picture was a hand-me-down from our friends Marlene and Holly and Sarah. Isn't it adorable? I think Mapes may fit in it for the next 20 minutes or so...
Yesterday, my boss called me into her office to tell me that I was working too hard. I am not living in the twilight zone, I just have an amazing boss. She told me that I seem tired (which I hadn't really realized until she said it), and that I needed to work from home more. So now I'm working just two mornings a week in the office. That is amazing. And I got so much done yesterday afternoon! I am far more productive at home, even with breaks to breastfeed. And blog.
The MS exacerbation (I can actually say that word now) seems to be lessening. It's not a linear progression of improvement, but each day I have a period of time that is better than the previous day's best period, if that makes sense. This morning I can wink again with my right eye, which is really the most important part of my recovery. It was really hard to put on eye shadow before, which was like really bringing me down, yo.
So Maple is doing wonderfully -- talking to her mobile every chance she gets. And Papa is getting out of the house more, which is awesome. He took Maple swimming the other day at the YMCA. Now is that a cool dad or what? And he is still taking care of everything in the house and running a million errands and being worried about my brain and changing a zillion diapers and going to hundreds of doctor appointments, and he's handling everything with a lovin' spoonful of grace. He is amazing and you should all tell him so: boybunting at gmail dot com.

2 comments:
that is a darn cute picture of an adorable baby!
Don't forget, you were a perfect baby yourself!! Now you understand why I couldn't imagine you not being a mother. You are outstanding at anything you do so why not motherhood?!!!! Love, M
Post a Comment