I think the winter blues have finally hit. Maple, Papa and I all have a cold, which makes the winter seem even more dark. But in another month we should be having more nice days, and perhaps I will even talk myself into leaving the house.
Little Miss Maple is healthy and happy, aside from her sniffly nose and the constant insult of the nose bulb. She still loves jumping, carrots, and book-chewing. She hates to go to sleep, which I think has something to do with the fact that there are no boobies involved. One of her favorite pasttimes is taking our glasses off, and she also enjoys holding something new in her hand and twisting her wrist back and forth while she inspects it, over and over again.
As usual, her Mama worries about everything. Lately my biggest fear is that she is starting to comprehend all the violent movies we watch. I think we might have to impose a full tv moratorium. It's not enough that we don't watch any actual tv -- I'm beginning to think the moving images themselves are shortening her attention span and rotting her little brain. (Note: I rent all the evil violent movies, not Sean, and Sean is still permitted to watch Bergman and Fellini, and Maple will still be able to watch all the wonderful art films that Sean is always dying to watch, but he never can because I am bogarting the tv with my violent movies.) We may be raising the most neurotic child ever.
Sean is watching Manhattan and feeding Maple her second bottle of the hour, and I'm going to take this opportunity to do some grocery shopping. This week, we'll be eating Indian chickpea stew, Oaxaca tacos with black beans, homemade pizza, and cole slaw from my RAW cookbook. If we're lucky I'll also have time to shower in between gourmet meal preparation. I'm trying to make up for this week, when we ate frozen pizza and french fries for every meal.
No comments:
Post a Comment