Today was our second week of produce from Helsing Junction Farm. We got sunflowers, corn, cherry tomatoes, eggplant, carrots, walla walla onions, yellow wax beans, patty pan squash, lettuce, cucumbers, flat leaf parsley, and 10 bulbs of garlic. I took pictures so you can see.
I was so excited about this week's produce that I cleaned the fridge! I can't wait to cook up all this delicious organic goodness! And luckily we didn't get anything hateful this week like cilantro. I hate cilantro. It smells unmentionable.
Maple is sleeping and papa's at work, and I'm going to attempt to do some reading -- currently "Small is beautiful: Economics as if people mattered" by E.F. Schumacher. Very textbook-like but awfully interesting. And crazy Derrick Jensen is coming to Oly tomorrow. I want to try to catch him at the bookstore if everything goes well with the website launch. Only 25 hours to go until I am safely on the other side of this website project. I can't wait.

No comments:
Post a Comment