new and operational


new and operational
Originally uploaded by maple's mama.
I realize the subject of this photo (and entry) may seem a bit lame. Or actually it *is* lame. But I don't care. We have a new oven that works, doesn't have a loose door handle, doesn't overheat, and is way easier to clean than that old fashioned monstrosity we had in the house yesterday. I am currently eating a "pizza" consisting of beany mush on corn tortilla. It sounds gross but it's actually not bad and the best part is, I made it in the new oven! New ovens smell bad by the way.

Anyway I would like to thank our very modest benefactor for helping this oven to become a reality. Or a reality that lives in our house anyway. GE made it a reality.

Maple is almost 14 months old (Saturday) and is getting cooler every day. She walks a lot more now, only resorting to crawling here and there when she feels the need... the need for...

I used to have an acquaintance in high school who claimed to have OCD and would completely melt down if you sang all but the final note of this ditty: dat dan-na nant dat, dat DAT, but without the final DAT. I don't know if this makes any sense when translated thusly, but it was hilarious. We tortured her all the time with this game, but I never actually believed it bothered her. She just wanted attention. She was asking for it! Anyway she also had the first stretch marks I ever saw. I thought she'd been in a terrible accident.

Anyway, Maple is so wonderful and she does so many cute things. Examples: she yells "wooo!" with marvin gaye, she says "mama" and points to herself, she toddles around like a miniature drunk, and she loves to touch your nose with her index finger when you say "nose!" Today we were in a certain chain coffeeshop and I gave her a stuffed blue ghost to hold, and she hugged it under her chin and kissed it. And guess what happened next? I bought it. This motherhood thing is going to be hard.

No comments:

archives