asian truckload

Sean got home this morning just after 6am. I missed him of course but I didn't realize how much I missed him until I saw his sweet face. We've been extremely lazy today, napping from 11 to 1, but I also made lemon macadamia (vegan) cupcakes (note, the Firefox spellchecker doesn't like the word macadamia, or the word spellchecker). Sean is out for a little "putt-putt" after his bike has been sitting in the rain for a week and I just did some dishes and I'm hanging out with Maple who is super demanding lately. Just a few minutes ago she demanded COOKIES and I'm grateful she has stopped demanding CANDY CORN. Grandma was here last week and I think they consumed a small truckload of candy corn. An Asian truckload.

Maple just walked over to me and said, "KATHY DIED" for what must be the 5 millionth time. She's a little obsessed with the idea of death. First Kathy died, then the mouse who was trying to live in our house died a rather gruesome death, not unlike Kathy's I guess. And now Maple continually asks if I'm dead or if she's dead. I tell her the truth, which most of the time is "no" and sometimes "I'm not sure."

Every fall I bulk up a little, I guess I'm part squirrel. The bulking has started and I think I'm over feeling badly about it, although I'm talking about it in this rather public way, so what would Freud say? Anyway it's fun, we're eating 99% vegan and loads of cupcakes. In the past two weeks I've made spiced apple cider cupcakes, mexican hot chocolate cupcakes, green tea cupcakes, and lemon macadamia cupcakes. Not sure what's next. Tonight we're having vegan pizza with tofu ricotta and parmesan, and sundried tomatoes.

Last week I didn't get to work as much as usual so I will probably chain myself to my desk this week and try to get some things done. I'll be looking at a great deal of PAPERS!

Coda. Also, I've noticed that since I quit coffee (second time's a charm), my teeth are much whiter. I guess I should have put that together sooner, since I've known for a while that red wine makes my teeth black, but I didn't make the connection to coffee. Also I feel better.

These crisp clear sunny fall days are awesome.

1 comment:

The Man Inside Me said...

"I don't like your thoughts on coffee and refuse to read them"

archives