321



We're here in Montreal, at the Opus Hotel, home of the slowest wifi in the world. We will not be going to bed until after midnight because we're waiting in the lobby for my photos to upload.

We left Framingham this morning, and stopped for lunch at a radical vegan cafe in Montpelier (thanks to Sean who voted for stopping there, cause it was full of aging hippies). They had a veg buffet, and I didn't know it was all veg, so I piled on the first thing I saw, which was brown rice and bean chili, thinking that the rest of the buffet would be chicken or something, but it was all tofu this and bean that and so we were in heaven. We even got a vegan blueberry muffin (sneezed on by a vegan kid -- still vegan) for dessert.

We got to Montreal around 4pm and checked into our uber hip, ultra modern, swank hotel. We are way too square for this place. We settled in and then walked to an amazing vegan thai restaurant. I put this meal in the top 5 I've ever had. We had deep fried dumplings, breaded fried seaweed (this was way better than it sounds), and two "beef" dishes. One dish was a really crispy fried beef in a spicy brown sauce, and the other was beef panang curry. I love non-beef! And fried anything.

After dinner we walked back to the hotel, wandering around the Quartier Latin. The air was great, there were a ton of people walking and hanging out in the park, and everyone was thin and beautiful.

We're never coming home.

No comments:

archives