young filmmakers and a family sick-ing

Sean got a job yesterday, teaching filmmaking to middle school kids at the local museum where Maple takes art classes. He taught this class in Big Sur and it was very well-received, so he decided to pitch it to the museum here. In the interview yesterday, he "killed it" and so, starting in September, he'll be teaching! I am so proud of him. He found some work to do that is after my work hours, doesn't interfere with his primary job as Maple's caregiver, and the work is in his field. Home run, sweet pea.

Sean is still very sick, and I think I'm coming down with whatever he has. "Maple, we're having a family sick-ing!" (Apologies to those of you who don't know every line from Arrested Development).

3 comments:

papa said...

thanks--
it's a very minor position--couldn't be less significant career wise but at least it's something in this community and resume building for applying for more significant positions later--
-

The Man Inside Me said...

Tobias -"I've come to learn from you... Teach me!"

papa said...

George Senior-(quietly to White Power Bob-"No teaching"

archives