o'calla-speak

Maple says that the post-it is a sticker. Ow, she says, as she presses the cold panda pack to her forehead, which was recently bonked into the door. Now she's folding and refolding the paper towel around the cold pack. Now she's saying ow again, in sort of a whisper. Soon we will have cupcakes and tea and watch her favorite, Larry David.

Sean and I went out to dinner tonight, to our favorite Tibetan restaurant. It is hard getting back into the mode of going out and being adults, not parents. I forget what it's like to not manage the constant barrage of sensory inputs from a two year old. I've become so well tuned to those frequencies, that I find it hard to turn off my waiting for them to arrive. Anyway by the middle of dinner we had settled into a rhythm, and it was really nice. We rode the motorcycle, and it was a great day.

Now I'm exhausted and close to ready for bed. I'm going to try (again) to get up and run in the morning. I haven't run in ages because I haven't got the energy for it. But the only way to get the energy for it is to start doing it. So here's hoping that I actually do it tomorrow!

Now who thought it was a good idea for me to do this every day? I'm boring myself. White matte coated SR-1 goes for 2.89. Or something.

No comments:

archives