
Maple wanted green frosting on her cupcake tonight. I asked my mother for food coloring, and she produced this box from her cabinet. It is the exact same package of food coloring we used to dye Easter eggs when I was a kid. And I don't mean the same type of package, or the same brand of food coloring, I mean the exact same package! Scary huh?
Fortunately we didn't have the other ingredients for frosting, so we didn't get to use the ancient food coloring. I'm sure whatever dye is in here has since been found to cause cancer, brain tumors, and aneurysm.
2 comments:
Those do look a bit scary- but I bet they haven't changed the ingredients! Of all the colors you can mix yourself I'm curious about "toast"?? Odd.
~W
I think that mama susie has that same food coloring kit, but probally from '79! :)
Post a Comment