The birds are confused, I think. They think it's spring. The window is open and they are all singing. I can see them flying around because there are no leaves on the trees. Fall happened, my favorite season, and I kind of missed it. There were a few great days of walking to work with Sean and Maple and Phoenix in shin-deep orange leaves. I love the scuffling sounds they make and the nearly-musty dead leaf smell. And then there was a lot of time spent in the sensory deprivation chamber. But I think, maybe three more days, and I'm back to normal.
I walked the dog in the common this morning, while Sean and Maple went to music class. This is I hope the last week that I won't go. I didn't want to be around a bunch of kids and germs in my fragile state, but I am optimistic about next Saturday. This weekend I'll continue to rest, knit, and watch good movies. I've got a bunch of knitting to do before 12/25, and I am running behind.
The other day I was putting a sock on and my toenail hit a snag in the sock and came halfway off. This toenail, I messed it up while hiking back in September, and it's been sort of purpley black since. It didn't hurt when it came off, and when I pulled it off the rest of the way, I found a nice new toenail growing underneath it. It's like a baby toenail. I remember when Maple was born, she had these soft waterlogged nails that took a few weeks to harden up, and many more months before they were thick enough.
I'm excited now for the winter. I want to play with Maple and Sean and Phoenix in the snow. Maybe we'll go cross-country skiing. We'll definitely go sledding. I don't want another season to go by while I sit on the couch thinking that I'm dying. What a waste.
No comments:
Post a Comment