
koppers made the AT pole
Originally uploaded by maple's mama
This weekend, Sean, Maple, and I are in Lanesboro, Mass, for a hiking weekend extravaganza. I'm doing four day hikes, and Sean and Maple are doing lots of driving. Right now we're relaxing in our cabin, watching REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NEW JERSEY. I really love the contrast between my 10-mile hike in the gorgeosity of the Berkshires (in sunny weather!) and the REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NEW JERSEY. Awesomeness.
This telephone pole was made by my dad's ex-employer. It was a really nice pole at the intersection of Rt. 8 and Rt. 9 in Dalton, MA. I passed it during my 1.5-mile road walk. Did you know that if you live on High Street in Dalton, you actually live on the Appalachian Trail? I would love that. It's kind of fun walking through a town with white blazes on telephone poles. Tomorrow morning, I'm heading back into the woods, to Cheshire. If I'm up early and feeling good, I'll climb Mt. Greylock after that. Or, I might quit early and go eat embarrassing quantities of food.
I hope that by Tuesday, I'll have crossed the VT/MA state line, Maple will not be dead from boredom, and Sean will not have left me for a big-haired, botoxed, rich older woman from Jersey.
No comments:
Post a Comment