After three days and forty miles of hiking, I have open sores on my feet and collarbones (?) and I'm *so* tired. But I made it to Vermont, and in one day less than I'd planned. You are probably thinking that I had lots of time to think, and so I probably had some amazing thoughts while I was out there, like how to solve this whole climate problem, or at least convince everyone that there isn't a problem. But the thing is, I had "Old Black Joe" stuck in my head the entire time, which really tempered the quality of my insights. But here's a quick summary:
- porcupines are scarier than any other woods-dwelling animals I've seen
- I don't want to hike alone anymore
- whoever made the AT north of Mt Greylock did not believe in switchbacks. (I'm not going to make a Guggenheim joke. They have switchbacks at the Guggenheim.)
- the appearance of a "bad weather bypass" trail means something heinous is coming up on the regular trail
And now I'm going to bed, in Massachusetts. But part of me is in Vermont.
2 comments:
Yeah for hiking on the AT! Good for you for getting out there and makign the fam come along:)
Lucky for me I didn't have to make them come, it was Sean's idea!
Post a Comment