My adorable and adoring spouse made dinner for the first night of Vegan MoFo, and it was delicious. I would show you a picture but I didn't take one since a) my food pictures are always horrible so why bother and b) I was crashing so badly from my sugar high after eating so much VEGAN candy today that I ate the whole thing before there was any possibility of photographing it. Anyway, dinner. It was a hearty bowl of quinoa, baby bok choy, and kidney beans, with fresh pesto. It tasted great and was obviously healthy, and it made me feel almost as though I hadn't eaten all the candy. But I did, I did eat all the candy.
Did you know that Laffy Taffy, Bottle Caps, Maple Sugar Candy and Sweet Tarts are all vegan? I'm not sure why I needed to capitalize all those nouns, as if candy is Proper or we're in Germany or something. But whatever, I heartily enjoyed all of these leftover Halloween treats today. With their corn syrup and individual Halloween packaging, they were neither good for me or for the planet. But they aren't bad for animals. So that's one out of three, and 33% ain't too shabby, am I right?
1 comment:
I happily avoided the vegan candy trap this year. We only had ONE paltry trick or treater, and I pretty much knew that would be the case... so I just bought a couple of fruit leathers. Saved myself from having a whole bag of Swedish Fish (caps!) with only one missing. Phew!
Post a Comment