Maple and I flew to Jacksonville for a memorial service this weekend, and I was too exhausted to post anything, even though the hotel had a perfectly adequate business center. Also the food was not anything to write [home] about. But! On my Delta flight today from Atlanta to Boston, I bought a Snack Box in flight which was surprisingly tasty and - shockingly - almost all vegan! Inside the modestly proportioned (and very cute) box was a small bag of pita chips, a cute little tube of hummous to squeeze onto the pita chips - that made me feel like I was in grade school (in a good way) - some Sahale cashews with pomegranate and vanilla (if you haven't had these yet, go out and get some), and a bag of dried apricots. There was also a bag of tiny cookies which was not vegan, but overall I was happy with it, and it was only $5. Yay Delta!
A moment of silence here for the insane amount of plastic and paper that comprised the tiny Snack Box [...].
I think I broke an unspoken rule of Vegan MoFo by posting last week about my struggles with being 100% vegan. Let's face it, it's been rocky and I haven't been perfect. I may not be officially blogging for Vegan MoFo anymore, but I'm still going to celebrate my daily vegan intake, as unphotogenic as it may be, because this is the way I eat most of the time and I want to celebrate it. Reading the Vegan MoFo post, I realized that I need to stop wrestling with "the v-word" and just accept that my eating habits cannot be precisely labeled. I will hereby stop trying to call myself "vegan." But I still love to eat animal-free.
Crap. This means I have to change my twitter name again. I wonder if @identitycrisis is taken?
No comments:
Post a Comment