Maple continues to amaze us with her art. Yesterday she dressed up her doll Ida and then drew her portrait. It is a really good likeness - or was, when Ida was dressed up.


There's a line from a movie that we've often quoted around here since Maple started demonstrating her penchant for art, something like "I just know when to take the pictures away." The character in the movie was a kindergarten teacher who maintained that all kids make great art if you take the pictures away before they draw too much. We sometimes take pictures away from Maple - which occasionally pisses her off, because she wants to cover every bit of white with color - but when we are freaking out over how amazing it is, she usually assents to this. Anyway, we didn't take this portrait of Ida away in time!
I love this time of year. I love the silhouettes of the leafless tree limbs against the dull pastels of the morning skies. I love the fact that we can listen to Christmas music whenever we want without feeling guilty. And I love thinking about little gifts for the people I love. And this year we have some interesting things to think about; Sean is waiting for his own Groundhog's Day - let's call it Seanhog's Day, which will mean either another long year of winter for him, or an early spring. And we're working on another big change around here, but I can't tell you about it yet. More details on all that in a couple of weeks.
Today is the day that all the Natick kids decorate the Christmas Tree on the Common. Maple is a bit sick but we're not going to miss this tradition. We'll bundle up and dash outside for a half an hour or so to make an ornament and hang it on the tree. Sean is doing a rare Sunday shift at work, and I'm going to set my iPhone to a Pandora holiday station and listen to Christmas Music until I vomit.
2 comments:
I had no idea, Christmas music. funny and sweet
Jacob has a theory...wonder if he's right??
Post a Comment