sad maple


sad maple
Originally uploaded by maple's mama.
This picture is awesome, right? Someone told me that babies eventually figure out that they are "supposed" to smile for the camera, so you have to take sad/mad pictures before they figure it out. Maple is going through a phase where she hates it when we put her down. It's a bit exhausting, and we worry about spoiling her, but her sad face is pretty compelling so we usually pick her up.

So I started this vegan wheat-free gluten-free (basically food-free) diet about a week ago, after reading that all the food I'm eating is killing my brain. I knew I would feel a bit better after eating this way for a few days, but holy crap, I had no idea I would feel THIS good. I haven't had vertigo in a couple of days, and all my other symptoms seem to be disappearing. Except for my inability to type 110 wpm, and I can live with that! And the strangest outcome from my latest weird diet is that I've gained weight. I guess you really can eat too many vegetables.

Sean is working all weekend, but I am going to a PartyLite party today at my friend Hillary's house. It's always so much fun hanging out with Hillary and her family, even if it's at a candle-amway party. So today Hilly is making vegan gluten-free CAKE. The poor woman not only keeps up with what I'm eating in any given week, she actually figures out how to make food that I can eat! It's really unfortunate that we're both female or I would propose. Anyway, I hope Maple will not make this face while we're there!

No comments:

archives