visual vomit

Once again I am the lamest blogger ever. It's been, what, a month since my last confession? Over a month I guess. But today is the start of a new month, and I shall turn over a new leaf by blogging every day this month. I'm sure the three people who used to read this have given up by now, but as the whole point of this blog was for Maple to have an electronic memory book from her mama, it's actually a sign of bad parenting that I've gone this long without posting. Of course there are plenty of other signs of that as well. The other day, when Sean and Maple picked me up from work, Maple said to me, "Where the fuck were you?!?!" So there's another sign.

This morning, we went for a blood crawl in a mosquito-infested swamp in Sherborn, MA. Sherborn is a really cute town, but the mosquitos were not. Yesterday we went to Boston, where I finally bought new frames. I've been going without glasses for months because I hate my glasses and I am too cheap to buy new ones. (Although I am not too cheap to buy clothes, beauty products, and shit for Maple). I will post a picture when the glasses are ready in about a week. We also dined at a totally vegan pizza place in Allston, MA. That's kind of near Cambridge. It was a thoroughly disgusting place, I think they may have never cleaned it, ever, but the food was very good and of course vegan. We are firmly vegan these days because Maple is going to school in the fall (3 hours a day, 5 days a week) and it's getting too hard for other people (including Sean) to figure out when it's okay to feed Maple something nonvegan. I mean, I don't know why people can't read my mind, but they just can't! The limitations of others can be such a drag.

We got a new car, I think I blogged about that last month. It is a great car and we are very happy with it.

Maple was in a photo shoot a few weeks ago and is going to be in an ad in Time Magazine, for which she earned a gift certificate for a free 8 week art class at the local museum. And when I say local, I mean like a mile away. Anyway I will scan the ad and put it up here when I see it. Unfortunately the ad is kinda sorta for the awful car dealership from where we did not purchase our car because they were such retards, but I guess they give a ton of money to the museum/art school so...

We are going to be moving in September, even if we have to live in our new car, because this neighborhood is bothering me. I'm a snobby upper crust wannabe and the bass-blasting and yelling is getting old. (Well, *my* yelling is okay). Yesterday we were woken up from our nap by the sound of a power washer about 5 feet from our heads. It's like living in New York City but with none of the cultural benefits. Unless you count the bass.

My latest food obsession is macrobiotic cuisine. We have been eating so well, and it's fun to cook the shit as well. Last night we had parsley tea and parsnip stew. Maple had vegan ice cream. I think she's getting to some sort of anti-vegetable stage which is not good in our house. Although today she requested blueberries from the store, so maybe there is hope. Sean is eating everything though, he likes it. And he's been making some incredible raw foods, that's his thing, raw food. Last week he made an incredible guacamole and some raw hummus that was to die for. Also he has been putting up with my insanely bad PMS this weekend and he really deserves some kind of award for that. The POPMA award. Partners of Premenstrual Assholes.

I have other stuff to complain about, I mean, when do I not, but I will save something for the rest of June because I have promised to write every day.

4 comments:

papa said...

I ACCEPT
;)

Anonymous said...

Everyday! You can do it!

-krista

Anonymous said...

WoooHooo....It's a new post! I have been a bit worried about you guys, glad things are good. I will be checking in daily, ha ha. Good luck on the house hunt, sending lots of love.
-Torrian

The Man Inside Me said...

I think i'm going to stop blogging, i've lost the "magic".

archives