random great things



We are finally almost settled in to the new place. It rocks. So relaxing, so clean, so nice. Even the kitchen that I'd worried would be too small is awesome.

Maple is healthy, she had her three-year checkup yesterday and is in the 75th percentile for height and weight. That's for all you freaks who care about such things. Her vision is great too. The doctor seemed only marginally concerned that she isn't interested in the potty yet, but she walked late too so I think she's just a little later than other kids. We feel good about not pushing her to do it. We encourage her to try sometimes but I don't want her to have a complex about it.

I just ate the most awesome raw vegan food bar. I bet that sounds gross to my card-carrying Republican readers, but it was great anyway. It's a pistachio Larabar. I want one of those every day. Just three ingredients: dates, pistachios, and cashews.

Did you know if you stop buying so much packaged crap that you hardly generate any garbage? When we moved in, we gave away all our moving boxes to another couple in the building who is moving soon, and we threw away one trash bag worth of stuff. Natick has a "pay-as-you-throw" system which is so cool. You buy special blue trash bags at local stores -- they cost $17 for ten I think, and they are very big, like outdoor trash can sized. Then you just put them out by the curb and that's how you pay for trash pickup. It's so sane, I'm shocked that this is the first town I've lived in that does it.

Sean has a writing space in the upstairs room of our new place. It's also Maple's toy room, my sewing room, the yoga room, and the guest room, but it functions perfectly well in all those regards. We are both excited that he will have a quiet place to write.

I've been walking to work and I can't believe how completely great that is. Now I can avoid being in the car as much as I want to be. And Sean and Maple and Phoenix walk to work with me. Lots of quality time.

The new place is so great for us -- it fits our stuff perfectly and we feel like we were made for condo life. Maple loves the spiral staircase and her toy room.

And something great happened at work -- I stopped working with one of the teams I was working with. So my job just got 90% better.

On Monday night we walked half a block to the Natick common and sat with hundreds of other folks, listening to a Beatle's cover band who was playing for the whole community. Maple danced and watched other kids and Sean and I sat close to each other and breathed huge sighs of relief at what our life is going to be like here.

No comments:

archives