My hard drive died. I lost all my pictures of Maple for the last two years and that kind of sucks. I also lost some other assorted odds and ends -- music, pictures, documents. But, the good news is that because of Sean's stellar interpersonal chess playing and my not-bad-for-35 face (that's a joke, I'm actually only 33), I am getting a new, larger (80GB) hard drive for free.
Sean suggested that I learn something from this experience, being that it's the second time a mac that I've owned had a hard drive failure and I lost everything. I could start backing stuff up, but that is way too much trouble. I'm going to be better about using the internet as my backup device. More stuff on flickr, more stuff on google docs, less stuff only on my computer. I'm going virtual, dudes.
2 comments:
Backing up is easy on a mac! If you are running Leopard, just hook it up to an external drive and it will do it for you. Easy as pie! But less delicious...
Well, you assume I am organized enough to have an external drive. Not me! That would mean having one extraneous thing in my entire life. I don't even have a savings account!
Post a Comment