weekly update

It would be nice if I started a Saturday morning update, right? So here we go, we'll see if I can keep it going.

Maple is doing really well. She's feeling good and experimenting with self expression and willfulness, and chronic pouting. (As parents we are learning how to deal with this, which is a challenge.) Most of the time she is sweet and fun and makes us laugh. Right now she's coloring with markers, which is one of her favorite activities. She's making "buttons for a snowman" which are fat smashed marker dots. A little later this morning we are going to her dance class, and then I'm taking her to my office. She's been after me to "go to your work mommy" for a couple of months, and they've been doing construction in my office area so I didn't want to bring her in, but now it's mostly finished. After work we will go to Cambridge to the Eye Q glasses place to get my glasses fixed. There's a restaurant called "Veggie Planet" that we're going to try -- they have vegan pizzas. Then after that if I still have any energy left, we're going to the MFA (Museum of Fine Arts).

I'm starting to go a little crazy with the cold, but yesterday it was 50 degrees. I'm still walking to work some of the time, but the ice has started to get to me. I actually fell into a pile of dog shit on the way to work last week. Work is going pretty well -- there's never enough time to do all the stuff I want to do, but I guess my aspirations outweigh my energy. I wish I had more time to knit too. And I always wish I could spend more time with Sean and Maple.

Since Sean can also post to this blog, I'm going to ask him to give his own update here. (Sean, can you write a little update here? I wrote something for you but then I thought you would say it better yourself.)

No comments:

archives