"real" Maple syrup

Maple is growing like a weed. I don't know how much she weighs now, but I am happy to report that my arm strength is catching up with her rapid growth. Lately I've been holding her up above my head, which she loves so much that she smiles like a drunk gorilla, drooling right onto my face. This is way better than the other maple syrup.

She has become the perfect size for hugging. I can hold her easily in such a way that she wraps her arms tight around my neck (this is new!) and buries her face in my shoulder. She loves to smile and hug and laugh and I just can't imagine that someone can begin life with such happiness. She doesn't even know about the lottery yet! She doesn't know about money or time or even good food. I want to know how to preserve this state, and even create it for myself. But I have a feeling that life will find its way into her precious little self and she'll forget how she used to smile at the smallest things, like Papa's cooing noises and Mama's funny face.

For now, we're enjoying every minute of this wonderful evening, with Bob Dylan on the radio, curry on the stove, and "Maple syrup." Life is very, very good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all miss you here in Cambridge, in this loud Thanksgiving Celebration at Lib's. Glad you three are so happy too! Love, M

Anonymous said...

Loved the photos of" bambina Maple ". Lib and I viewed them and we think she looks like Andrew! She is really adorable and a "amazina"!! Wish you were here with us. It's so quiet now. L.M

archives