What is with this post-partum stomach? Does everyone get this... turbulent? My curtains are turning yellow from the constant cloud of poop in the air. Maple is also "suffering" from post-fartum, although I had to put suffering in quotes because she doesn't really seem to notice. And this is the one exception to that euphemism (you know, the things with words) "She thinks her farts don't stink." Cause they don't. Mine, on the other hand, are responsible for at least three cases of lung cancer.
I haven't had much time to write lately, nor is it so much fun to write when every third word gets typed out wrong. In the last paragraph for example, while typing "lung cancer," I actually typed "lunch cancer" three times before I got it right. I am my own favorite stroke victim. Isn't the brain fascinating? I also have a constant feeling of tipping over, but I never actually do. Kind of a literal metaphor for my self-confidence. But the good news is that nothing is getting worse, and I actually have days without naps now!
My mom went home today, and it is pretty lonely without her. Having one less set of arms for the baby is really noticeable. I also lost my yard boy, dishwasher, and five-foot laugh-aholic. I can't wait until she comes back, and hopefully she'll bring my dad with her.
No comments:
Post a Comment