the girls


the girls again
Originally uploaded by maple's mama.
This photo is for those of you who complain that a) I don't update my blog enough and b) there are never any pictures of me. Enjoy!

Things are going well here and we're really enjoying the gorgeous spring weather. We have been taking lots of walks and lounging in the back yard. Maple is starting to crawl, and she eats like a starving teenage boy. She wears 18-month clothes, which is somewhat absurd since she is only about 8.5 months old. She's still happy, still loves her daily routines, and still loves her mama and papa.

We are getting very excited for our big trip to the east coast in a few weeks. I can't wait to show Sean around Pittsburgh and see my family. And we'll have 24/7 babysitters! Wahoo! We're also going to Sean's commencement ceremony at Columbia, which will be so cool. I will have to live vicariously through his Ivy League graduation, since I could never manage to even get into an Ivy League school! I am amazed by Sean every day.

Last week was my birthday, which was really nice. Hillary got me some cool new Aveda products that I hadn't tried, including a smelly candle that I love. My parents sent the jogging stroller, which I've used almost every day since I got it. I even jogged with it yesterday! That was a sight. And of course I'm enjoying my new desk RIGHT NOW.

Today we had a birthday lunch scheduled for my boss and me, and I decided to bring Maple, since Sean had to work just after lunch. I walked into the restaurant with the stroller and the bartender told me that I'd have to leave because they don't allow anyone under 21 in the "bar." So I missed my own birthday lunch, which really wasn't a big deal, but it got me thinking. How can a bar, which is also a restaurant, refuse to serve people with children? Especially people with babies? They are pretty much saying they won't serve stay-at-home moms, nursing moms, etc. I understand if it's a fancy restaurant -- you never know how kids will act, and you don't want them screaming and disturbing everyone. But a casual restaurant, at lunchtime? Wow. I wish I could have rallied the troops and taken those 10 people somewhere else, but it just seemed like Maple and I should go quietly.

We ended up eating lunch alone at the Soup House, where we were more than welcome, even though Mapes was uncharacteristically fussy. One of the employees even bussed our tray for us so we could leave before Babyzilla climbed the chair and ate me.

So we are hereby boycotting the Fish Bowl "Brewpub." I'll add it to my do-not-call-on list, along with the evil Wagner's Bakery, home of the $11 pb&j and geriatric nazis.

One last thing -- Sean got a new motorcycle last week and he looks so cute riding it around. We are going to go for a ride together one of these days, as soon as we can find a babysitter...

No comments:

archives