happy (early) birthday to mama!


happy birthday!
Originally uploaded by maple's mama.
Life is slowly returning to normal for the O'Callaghans. Maple is happy and healthy, Mama is happy and healthier, and Papa is finally starting to relax after almost two months of doing everything himself.

This past week I went back to work in the afternoons. I couldn't have a more supportive work environment and team of folks to work with. I feel really lucky to have such cool people around, whether I'm at home or work. It's great to be back at work, as weird as that sounds. I'm also able to work from home whenever I want, which is a really nice job perk. The only thing that's been lacking is a comfortable space to work in my house... but as you can see, that has been remedied! Sean surprised me this week with a really thoughtful early birthday present -- a new rolling chair (which is very hip looking!) and desk. The desk matches a filing cabinet we bought a few months ago, and the chair matches our red "locker," so now we have a really groovy IKEA home office. In fact, our whole house is looking pretty groovy these days, what with our new sofa and our minimalist modern vibe.

On Thursday, we took a walk with the dog through the local old folks' community, with Maple in her backpack. We walk a little crooked but I am really happy to be able to carry Mapes in her backpack. She loves to make noises while we're walking because my walking modulates the sounds. So we walk along going, "aWOWaWOWaWOW" and "RAHrahRAHrahRAH."

And in case we weren't having enough fun walking with the backpack, we are the lucky recipients of another cool baby/birthday present -- a BOB jogging stroller (thanks Mom and Dad!!). Amazingly, I can actually jog a little bit, and I think a jogging stroller will be the perfect thing to help me stay on a straight line. It will be great to have a more substantial stroller around, which we can leave here at home and always keep the other one in the car. Our current stroller is a Maclaren Volo, which was a gift from my extended family. We love this stroller because it's light and portable and really easy to open and close.

As I mentioned, Maple is doing really well. She seems to be thriving in every way. She eats twice a day now, and I add ground flax seeds to her food every other day for healthy brain development! She has two bottom teeth coming in. They aren't really visible yet, but I can feel them with my finger, and I'm sure Maple can feel them too.

She slept through the night for three nights, which gave us the glorious illusion that she was done waking up at night. Then she started waking up again at 2am. I wonder if there are laws against giving a baby Xanax? I have lots of extra pills...

No comments:

archives