Today was really a lucky day. Two really cool things happened that will positively affect our financial situation. The result of the first thing is that we're saving $1200 a year. The result of the second thing is that 81.6% of my computer is already paid for. We should have bought a lottery ticket too.
I'm going to keep this good financial juju rolling by going out tomorrow and trying to sell two things that I have that are worth something. Hopefully I can get some cash from these two things and pay off some more debt.
Maple is in this really cool phase right now. She is happy and funny and entertaining and I love her more than anything. And she is actually able to entertain herself more now, so I can work a bit during the day while she crawls around the house gnawing on wires and eating dog hair. This cuts down on my nighttime working, which has got to be better for my health!
I'm going through a severely geeky phase. All I want to do is learn more about programming so I can get a better job doing more fun, brainy stuff. I love my job and the people I work with, but let's face it, I could be making twice as much. Not that money is the most important thing, but it would be nice to be independently wealthy and have more fun. For a while I really didn't want to pursue programming -- I found it unbearably geeky and impersonal. I also didn't think I could be good at it, because I am seriously lacking in ideas. And maybe I can never be great at it, but that shouldn't stop me from pursuing it anyway. Learning new things will definitely help my brain. I'm *this* close to launching this huge website for work, and after that happens, I'll be ready to focus on something else.
A geeky aside: I'm focusing on XHTML/CSS/Javascript (the first two I know pretty well and I'm learning more about the third), and also AJAX, PHP, MySQL, and then maybe Cocoa. I wonder if my love of learning new things will once again interfere with my desire to actually get good at something?
No comments:
Post a Comment