This morning Maple and I went to the market with Hillary and Garret. Hillary is the most sane person I know, and I love hanging out with her. And Garret looks so much better than last week, which is encouraging. I don't know why they didn't move in next door when it was for rent. Okay I know why, the house is a piece of crap, but still. MAPLE LIVES NEXT DOOR.
We bought asparagus, rainbow chard, tah tsai (like bok choi but dfferent) and a mocha. Maple was in her backpack and looking fresh as always. I always feel cool with her in the pack, like I am some rogue backpacker who stumbled upon a cute baby in the woods.
After coffee Hillary had to go tanning (??) so Maple and I headed off to Wind Up Here, the local toy store, to get a xylophone. Mapes loves to sing and dance, and she played with my old xylophone at my parents' house, so we've been wanting to get her one. They were out of xylophones, so we bought a maraca, some all-in-one cloth diapers, a set of wood blocks that was on sale, some babylegs, and some more friendly plastic spoons. It was a lot of fun, and I could have shopped for hours with/for her.
So now she's sleeping and I have a few minutes to play on my computer before I make this incredible potato salad for Sean, who gets home from work at 4, which is when I'll be tutoring Garret in math. I love math.
Life is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment