Here we are with Dr. Lucas yesterday. We love Lucas as she is the most undoctorly doctor I have ever met. She knows a poo-load about my brain (and brains in general I suspect) but somehow manages to be a normal person anyway. She laughs at Sean's light bulb jokes (which are very funny) and she loves Maple. So I am really not sure how she could have gone through the whole doctor-brainwashing thing. She shows no signs of uppitiness or know-it-all-dom, so maybe she isn't a doctor at all. Maybe when we go to see her we are actually on the set of Scrubs.
Seriously, Dr. Lucas is incredibly cool and despite the fact that she nearly kidnapped me and stuck me in a bubble, I think we'll keep going back to her. She has me on holiday from my "disease-modifying" drug injections (just in case you forgot they weren't CURING you), which seemed like bad news at first, but I'm kind of getting used to it. I will most likely go back on them in a couple of weeks, but for right now I have to avoid both Rebif and small children who may be carrying a rhinovirus that will kill me.
I'm up late, or late for me anyway, reading and studying like there's a final next week in my self-imposed computer class. Today was very nice, well, it began well. Actually it began horribly. I remembered (at about 9:45) that I had a 10am appointment at the Honda dealership. So I entertained Maple for 4 hours while the Japanese minions racked up unmentionable charges for tire rotation, alignment, and balancing. We got home around 2:30 and I hadn't eaten or had any water all day, and I was in quite a state. Sean made really great juice for Maple and I -- carrot, wheatgrass, apple, pear, and parsley. Then Sean took Mapes swimming at the Y. She loves the water and he loves taking her there. When they got home we went to meet Hillary and SydnEe Faith (that really is her dog's name, the "E" was capitalized for emphasis, of what I don't know). We took Phoenix along to see how they'd do together, and everyone had a great time. The dogs ran around and played in the river, and the people took a nice walk in a fragrant field. When we got back to the cars, Phoenix and SydNeE Faith (whatever) got into a huge fight. Maple screamed, I cried, Sean yelled, and Hillary turned red. It was quite an event. They finally stopped fighting and we all went home.
If anyone is still reading this I am seriously amazed. Anyway, we had dinner, Sean and Maple went to bed, and I am up pretending to be a great computer programmer who is going to get a great job and make millions. It's a really good fantasy.

No comments:
Post a Comment