Maple is duct taped to her high chair in the kitchen and I figured, hey, what a great time to write. She is doing really well lately, even standing up for minutes at a time. She has not walked yet, but it seems like her first steps aren't far away.
We are now following the American Academy of Pediatrics recommendation of "no screen time for children under two" (well, except for a few bits of Lost on the laptop that she catches here and there), and it's really cool that she's stopped grabbing the remote control and pointing it at the tv and pressing buttons. I'm reading a lot more too, which always feels better than watching tv.
It's damn hot here and the little rascal is starting to complain. I think the duct tape is kind of hot over her nose. Anyway check out these pictures of her playing with her toys. This used to be her Moses basket, and now she can reach into it and grab toys. Pretty amazing what happens in a year.

No comments:
Post a Comment