wahoo


wahoo!
Originally uploaded by maple's mama.
Being a mom to Miss Maple is really fun. She is so happy and cheerful and when we go out to the store or the coffeehouse (chin pubes!) she charms everyone by waving at them. Being with her is a blast.

Sean is at a BMW rally this weekend and it's sort of lonely here without him but also it's fun, like we're on a mini vacation too. Yesterday we packed him up with a bunch of my lightweight camping gear, and it was so good to feel like that stuff (from my big hiking year) is still being used. Everything is in such good shape and I am proud of how well-used it is. Anyway Sean got all packed up and rode away yesterday afternoon and I am really glad that he is going on a little trip by himself. I'm so glad we bought the BMW because it really suits him, it's quality, and he loves it. The guy really deserves some happiness.

I have been doing a lot of reading lately. Between work and hanging out with Maple, my brain feels the lack of exercise. So I've read the first Edward Tufte book, Visual Displays of Quantitative Information, as well as his pamphlet on Powerpoint (which sucks). Both of those were great and I am really looking forward to buying and devouring his other books. I'm also reading Kazantzakis' Zorba the Greek and The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers. Both are really transportative - they take me to two different but equally inspiring places. I'm glad to be reading more because I know my writing has really suffered over the past few years and although I can still construct decent sentences, the imagination part of my chip seems to be waning. Not that I ever had too much, but... I've been reading a friend's journal online and I'm really inspired by how much she thinks and how well she writes (Hi Alysia!).

I've got to finish Sharon's salad before Maple wakes up. I'm making food and organizing a food tree for a coworker who just had surgery, mostly because I need to get into heaven but also because she is one of the coolest and most successful women I know and she deserves it. Also, I know what it's like to be sick and stuck at home. You need good grub to recover from illness.

I don't know if I've mentioned it recently but I love my mac!

No comments:

archives