csa part 2

We bought a "share" for the rest of the season in Helsing Farm CSA. Our first pickup is Thursday and I'm excited like it's Christmas or something. I can't wait to tell you how it is.

Maple is quickly learning to imitate her fellow humans. She loves pointing and saying NO, sometimes at the same time. She points at everything, especially noses. She especially likes it when you say, "noooooose" a la Susie and Hillary. She also likes to stick her fingers in your mouth. Lately she has picked up my habit of staring at the dog sternly, pointing into an adjacent room, and saying, "GOOOOOO!" This is somewhat scary, since I also stub my toes a lot and shout "FUCK!"

She also loves to laugh and be tickled. Lately she loves to stand up and watch what's going on, but her feet seem welded to the floor. In the last two days she flirts with walking. I can see her contemplating the idea of picking up her foot while standing, but then she grabs for a chair or a table or one of the other humans, and then walks, assisted.

Yesterday she was so charming. She smiled and laughed all day, and did coy, flirty things. Sean and I exchanged frequent glances about her high adorability factor.

I'm reading A Language Older Than Words by Derrick Jensen. It's really fascinating and sad and I keep wanting to stop reading it but then there's an amazing thought or sentence and I have to keep going. It's about a lot of things and I hate to try to sum it up in a few words, but they key point for me is that "western civilization" is "screwed up." This is why we need to win the lottery and retire to an island and keep Maple out of school.

No comments:

archives