limpette


lost
Originally uploaded by maple's mama.
Isn't this picture amazing? Papa took it and I am seriously impressed.

So Maple has developed a limp. It came on suddenly last Friday and seems to be painless, but yesterday we read that toddler's limps should be taken very seriously, and so we are taking her to the doctor's office at noon to be evaluated. I guess the differential diagnosis is toddler's fracture vs. some virus, and according to the doctor on call who we talked to yesterday, it sounds more like the virus. We're not sure what it's called, but it's a virus that gets into the kid's knee or hip joint and causes stiffness, and then goes away as quickly as it appeared. They need to do x-rays though to make sure it's not the toddler's fracture, which is a common hairline fracture that kids often get when they're learning to walk.

I'll keep you posted for the final diagnosis, but Maple seems totally fine and not in any pain at all. In the meantime, isn't she cute??

No comments:

archives