pittsburgh

We made it to Pittsburgh on Monday and we've been relaxing and FIMMING and eating good food. Last night my dad made a zucchini/tomato/basil dish which was excellent, and I've also been finishing up his tomatillo gazpacho which was quite tasty. Right now I'm eating a vegan cupcake with my coffee. I brought the great vegan cupcake book with us in the car so I got to bust some out at 10pm last night.

Tomorrow we are leaving for boston with my parents, who are heading up there for my nephew Tyler's 5th birthday. We're going to take two days to get there, which sounds great after all the time we've spent in the car.

This is kind of embarrassing, but a few months ago I noticed that I was getting a moustache. It turned out not to be a moustache, but a moustache-like condition where my skin is dark on my upper lip. It's not horribly noticeable, but it's not the kind of thing I want to have, either. So I went to see my nurse practitioner and she prescribed me a bleaching lotion, but none of the stupid pharmacies in Lacey had it. That figures, since none of the women there do anything about their moustaches!

So yesterday we went to the new Sephora store here and I asked for help from a statuesque black man with four horizontal inches of lip gloss on. Pink. He was a level 10 swish and so adorable. We told him about my moustache-like condition and he swished straight over to the Murad shelf where he proceeded to recommend a bunch of products, each of which cost $100 for about an ounce. He said that he uses the Murad acne kit, because, as he said, "when I was a teenager I was an ugly dirtball, with black and red bumps all over my cheeks." Sean said, "And then what happened? You started using Murad, grew six feet and became a statue?" and then the statue said, completely seriously, "Yeth. I became a thatuethque thatue." He was so sweet, Sean let that ridiculous retort pass.

...

Remember when you were a kid and everyone said that you had to wait an hour after eating to go FIMMING? Well yesterday we found out why that is not a suburban myth. Maple had dinner and then immediately wanted to go FIMMING. We didn't really think anything of that and got her into her FIMMING SUIT and went out to the pool. She FAM and FAM and did it by her SELF, which means she stands on the steps and swims off towards daddy, going underwater and then surfacing after some major leg pumping that looks like she's riding a unicycle. So after about 4000 repetitions of this little workout, and getting water down her throat at least half of those times, she starts to look very tired and rests her head on daddy's shoulder and starts breathing heavily. All of a sudden she is having her first major puke in the pool, all over dad. She pukes like four times and dad is covered in puke.

Ten minutes later, she's running around the house yelling "I GOT PUKE!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

TOO CUTE! 8-)*

Joshua & Samantha Trotter said...

So glad to hear that the four of you are doing well - have a safe trip to Boston! The mustachioed ladies of Lacey (and Samantha, Josh and Jelly) miss you much!

Anonymous said...

Hiya Portia~
Well they finally blocked "Blogger" at DOL...go figure. So tonight is the first time I've actually found the time to catch up on you and yours. I'm glad you made it safely. Give Maple a hug for me.
~Michelle E-R

archives