working on it

I have two more days of work. We are packing now and leaving in a week. I made mocha chip muffins tonight, and we're checking out apartments on the internet. I don't know how people moved before the internet!

It was really hot today (in an unbelievable way!) and the house retains heat into the wee hours from the previous day's heat, so we're up packing because there is no point in trying to sleep in this heat. See, that is a lot of heats. Tomorrow morning I'm bringing Maple to work with me for a little goodbye party which will be horribly attended due to the holiday and my general lack of popularity.

Maple is sleeping which is sort of a miracle, since she almost never goes to sleep without us. Tonight I stayed with her until she fell asleep and I guess she was really tired because she didn't wake up when I crept out of the bedroom and the floorboards made their usual insane creaking noises that could wake a dead gorilla.

Sean is taking a shower and I'm contemplating eating a muffin, though they are like small bricks and will probably stay in my stomach like a stone all night.

I don't know if I mentioned this but I chose the Boston job, much to the chagrin of my mother and brother. Mom wanted us in Pittsburgh and Brother didn't want me anywhere near his kingdom. But everyone else seems excited for us. I talked to my grandmother today and she was excited that we'd be so close to her, and it will be nice to be able to see her more often. Maple says she doesn't want to move, but I'm not sure how much of it she understands. The only thing she'll be pissed off about is there will be no more HIRREY which will suck for her and HIRREY will have to become adept at videoconferencing.

I hope the house sells soon cause otherwise I'll be more than the usual stressed out. This week has been slow -- I guess no one is buying houses during the holiday. So hopefully my realtor will come back from Mexico and get us a fat check...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy Sh!t, you guys are moving! I have been without my computer for weeks and now it looks like my IT folks still have it all skrewed up, so I am fixing to loose it again....uurrrgghhh. Anyway, I put my special little paper with all your info in that perfect spot so I wouldn't loose it, and I will be damded if I can remember where that spot is, so here is my email torrianl@yahoo.com, I would love to get in-touch with you guys.
Sending you love & big money vibes
-Torrian

archives