We just woke up from an actual night of sleep in our air conditioned (nightmare) hotel room in Moses Lake, WA. It's been really hot here. When we arrived yesterday, our clothes were boiling and our toiletries had all vaporized. I think it's like 110.
Today we are driving to Bozeman, MT, which is about 500 miles from here. I've never been there but it's supposed to be slightly less hot than here. From there, we'll plan to hit Bismarck, ND (undoubtedly a happening place), Minneapolis, Chicago, and Pittsburgh. We'll stay in Pittsburgh with my parents and then travel to Boston to try to find a place to live.
Maple and Phoenix seem to be doing fine considering the recent changes. They sit in the back seat of the car and fight over who is in whose space. It's just like when I was a kid!
We're very excited to see "Yawyen," Tyler, "Dew," "Akiss," and Peter. Also "Gumma" and Pa. We've told Maple she is going to live near her cousins and she seems very happy about that.
She says the funniest things lately. Last night she was saying "I chew it up!" in the car after our very VERY good Mexican dinner. She was probably referring to the cheese that she chewed for 20 minutes before spitting it out into her lap. Anyway Sean was trying to get her to say it more slowly, enunciating "it" and "chew" very clearly. Finally he said the whole phrase again, "I chew it up!" and Maple says, "Don't say that."
1 comment:
I'm still jealous of the road trip, but the heat would get to me, I checked the forecast, and it looks like Minneapolis is where you'll get a break. Thankfully its cooling down here, but its too late for my wine its more than likely ruined.
Post a Comment