update

We're settling in to life here, and I haven't been too motived to write, because most of what's going on is pretty mundane. We went to the bank, we did laundry, we went to the post office, that sort of thing. Work is excellent, although I sometimes feel like a total fraud, since people generally assume I know more than I do. But I'm sure I'll catch up.

Sean has been doing HOT yoga and is acquiring the requisite tranquility that accompanies that activity. He may float away into the stratosphere if he keeps doing this. Also he looks very HOT lately.

Maple surprises us nearly every day with a new sentence, perfectly enunciated. Now that she is speaking so much and so clearly, we've identified an interesting (and I'm sure normal) pattern of her speech. She constructs new sentences by repeating things we've said to her, and in the process, reverses all her pronouns. She says things like, "You lean on my leg" when she's putting on her shoes and leaning on my leg, but interestingly she says "Are you sad?" when she thinks I am crying, usually because I am crying, because we're watching bad television.

(I think I wrote a while back about how tv really affects you if you're not used to it. I tend to cry most during commercials for cleaning products. But not that Clorox one with the ladies who say, "I feel like I'm a good mom, like I'm doing a good job." I hate that one.)

We saw Maple's aunt Lauren ("ROREN") and her cousins on Tuesday night. We make dinner at their house every week or so, which is really nice. My brother is usually working (in New York) so we don't see him for Tuesday dinners, but then we see him on the weekends sometimes.

As of today we are paying for our temp housing at the Residence Inn. (Before today, my company was paying for it as part of their relocation package). We have eight more nights there, and then we're moving into our apartment. I am so happy about moving into our place and getting settled and HAVING AN OVEN. We have missed the vegan cupcakes.

There's been no action on our house which is very disheartening so I try not to think about it much. I wish we had put it on the market sooner and not listened to our realtor. Now that no one can get a mortgage I think the market is really dead. The house better sell soon or I am going to hang myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You cant say bad things about Clorox!!! Clorox rocks!

Unknown said...

Clorox might rock but their ad agency sucks. :)

The Man Inside Me said...

Nothing to be ashamed of, nearly everyone's life is as boring as your's. I took today off, I'm doing laundry, going to the dry cleaners, perhaps Whole Foods to see by local "never-boyfriend". And this is an exciting day for me.

Also anything that's as bad for the environment as Clorox doesn't rock.

archives