Sorry to be so lame on the posting front. I have had less time to do fun stuff like blog, because I am now working about 45 hours a week, commuting 5 hours a week, cooking great food a few nights a week, baking vegan cupcakes, going to doctor and dentist appointments, and (most importantly) spending quality time with Maple and Sean. So things like blogging, editing little videos of Maple, taking pictures, reading books, and jogging, have decreased in frequency. Also I have a lot of time budgeted for worrying, fretting, and complaining. "Those are some real costs, Michael."
Anyway I just walked back into my office after getting a (free) orange juice spritzer from the "kitchen" down the hall, and I thought, wow, I am so lucky. I have a great husband who loves our daughter and me and cleans the house and makes my lunch and just generally takes great care of us. I have a daughter who is charming and funny and sweet and smart. She speaks incredibly well these days -- her longer sentences are about 10 words, and she uses them all correctly. And she's really cute. I have a job that I love that provides free beverages (yesterday there was Dom Perignon, but I don't drink, I just brag). I have my own office, and a coworker gave me a spider plant which is supposed to make improve air quality. The work is challenging and interesting and difficult and fun, and the people at work are nice and smart. I've got a great wardrobe and fun shoes. My parents live a day's drive away, and they are coming to see us in three weeks. They're going to stay in the rear wing of the house. My brother and his wife and their kids live 15 minutes away, and we see them every week, which is so much fun -- tonight we're going over there and eating vegan fondue and tofu fish sticks. I hope the boys will eat something!
So I'm very happy at this point in my life, and hopefully I won't have a major brain event to derail me from this happiness. :)
2 comments:
My job pays awful, my company is unstable, my work is interesting but requires very little thought, i get to MAKE free drinks and my commute is an hour a day (down from three). On the upside I'm going into debt for my upcoming Boston trip (the trip is the upside) I feel pretty good and...what else...oh yes and I'm getting laid semi-frequently."Universe you've done it again!"
Hey! You just used up my weekly quota of blog complaining. "Blogplaining"
I'm coming over to your blog now to complain. :)
Post a Comment