sunday morning tea party



Maple and I had a tea party this morning while Sean did battle with the mountain of dishes from yesterday's peanut butter cupcakes and baked mac and cheese. (The cupcakes were so-so, the baked mac and cheese divine.) We sang happy birthday and made twenty cups of tea and I wiped Maple's nose 100 times. She started feeling feverish Friday night and we've been convalescing ever since. So far Sean and I have not caught the horrible whooping cough or whatever she has, but we're compelled to sit in our pajamas anyway, making "tea" and cursing the dog, who last night escaped from the back yard through a hole in the fence that appeared during a recent windstorm and, during her escape, got entangled in a briar patch and is now spewing briars all over the house, which sean cleaned all day Friday and was completely spotless until the great escape.

Yesterday we watched a few episodes of Arrested Development, some South Park, an hour or so of the newish David Lynch monster Inland Empire, and a 20 minute segment on the extras part of the dvd, where Lynch makes quinoa with broccoli and Braggs. If I didn't know better I'd swear he and Sean were related.

Today I'll be making chickpea noodle soup for the sick one, as well as a mountain of dirty dishes that Sean will undoubtedly tackle tomorrow after a late night, during which Maple sleeps the sleep of the dead (or sick), and Sean and I watch Hitchcock preparing barley and tomatoes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A dishwasher will be arriving next weekend:)

Anonymous said...

Is that Bigsby on Maples shirt?? :)

archives