Babysitter Beware

Our babysitter interview didn't happen today. Last night, the babysitter left a voice mail to say she had gotten some other jobs and is no longer available. But in my paranoid, upper-crust wannabe way, I have deduced that she was afraid to drive to our neighborhood. She lives in a nice town east of here, and she probably told her parents where she was going for the interview. You know, to the Massachusetts ghetto. It's a nicer ghetto than any other ghetto, but relative to the crazy multimillion dollar houses in the neighboring towns, it's still a ghetto. Is it wrong to use that word? Fortunately I am married to the least politically correct human ever (hi honey!) so no one can blame me for slight political incorrectness. (Who named it that anyway? How can one be politically "correct"? I am just trying not to be a jerk.)

Fortunately we have two other babysitter interviews scheduled for tonight and Friday. And I was up front about our geographic handicap, so hopefully if they cancel it's for other reasons.

My friend Lee Ann from high school recently posted a hilarious picture of herself on her blog. Check it. I guess living out west turns you into a rifle-wielding crazy! :) (Hi Lee Ann!)

I can't wait to move to a more palatable zip code.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes- how is it that Sean can get away with it and nobody else can?? He just has that way about him! PS- If I can get a babysitter to come to my house you shouldn't have a problem :)

~W

Unknown said...

Hey we found a babysitter! Yay!! It was only a matter of time before we found a ghetto-positive person.

Happy Worker said...

Yay! I lived in (or right next to) the ghetto in PGH so I'm totaly ghetto-positive. :)

Then again, as evidenced by the pic, I'm a chameleon and blend into any environment in which I've been placed. I’m thinking of getting a language coach so I can learn to say “yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiihaaaaaaa” but in a wild west, and not a Southern/Texan kind of way.

archives