I just told Sean that we need to go buy a lottery ticket because we're having insane good luck today. We went to look at an apartment, and it was great and we talked them down $150 a month (actually Sean talked them down $100 because I can't negotiate for shit, and then they said "why don't we go down [another $50], make it even?"). It has a garage, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, central air, gas heat, an electric fireplace that is surprisingly cute, and they don't mind that we have a giant hairball of a dog. Well okay, she's not a giant. AND it has the smallest kitchen I have ever seen, bar none, but who cares, it has TWO BATHROOMS! I would cook in a closet if we could have another bathroom. Wait, I will be cooking in a closet. (Well, Sean will be cooking in a closet). But it's a very nice cooking closet. With nice new stainless appliances and granite counter tops. And did I mention it's 1.5 miles from my work, so now I will be able to walk to work? Crazy. CRAZY. It's right in Natick center, just a few steps off the common. That probably means nothing to you Washingtonians. And the best part is it's available 9/1 so we won't have to eat any rent here. I don't like eating rent. I just like cooking in a closet!
We got home from the crazy apartment-finding trip and had a babysitter interview with Fernanda, a totally sweet, solid, pregnant Brazilian girl who doesn't mind that we live in downtown Framingham. She's going to come on Thursday so Sean and I can go out on a date!
Now Sean is making dinner and Maple is scooting around the apartment on her Svan scooter and I am thinking about how lucky we are. Wait, I can't believe this, but I have NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT. Well, except the cooking closet. Phew! That was close.
3 comments:
I also put money down on an apartment, sadly it only has one bathroom, but an ENORMOUS closet and a good sized kitchen... Finally more closet space just what a couture whore needs!
A new apartment?!?! What a great reason to come and visit again.
:)
Miss you all.
i can't call that an idle threat, since you've proven you'll fly by yourself across the country, so i'll just say bring it on ;)
Post a Comment