tingling

One of the other condos in our new building is for sale, so here is a link to some pictures of it. Ours looks very similar. Notice there is no photo of the kitchen closet!

In my excitement last night about the new place and the babysitter, I forgot to mention some very important things about yesterday. First, the guys who we'll be renting the condo from are really nice. I mean, how often do the landlords offer to decrease the rent? I like renting from nice people.

Also I think I forgot to mention that the apartment has a washer and dryer in it. And it's really really clean. And Sean was kind enough to mention that if I lose my balance in the kitchen, at least I'll have something close by to hold on to. It's like a ship's kitchen! My dad will feel right at home.

Speaking of my parents, they will have their own separate entrance to their own separate bedroom (which is not in a submarine), with THEIR OWN BATHROOM. Let's plan a visit!

And the floors are level! All the floors, in the whole condo! I think we'll need to throw a party over that one. In fact, I am going to start planning our housewarming party. September 14th, we're having a housewarming party! "I'm just tingling!"

But the true test of the acceptability of any new abode is Maple's reaction. We asked her if she liked the place yesterday and she said something really cute, which I can't remember. But hopefully Sean will write it in the comments. I think she thinks the spiral staircase is the coolest thing ever. "The spiral staircase just makes me feel like I'm tingling!"

The other important thing is that my mother's day present arrived yesterday, after a long battle with Canadian customs. I'll take a picture tonight so you can all enjoy the incredible good taste of my husband. "I'm just tingling and tingling!"

Today, for the first day since I started working here, I have almost no meetings. This is exciting because I will actually have some time to work. If I can just stop blogging...

10 comments:

papa said...

sean: "maple, what do you think of this joint?"

maple: "this place is good; i want to wiv here"

papa said...

i don't know if your parents will resume staying with us until i eat your brother's shit? (or in highly partisan wasp lingo--"get over it") here's to hoping though!
;)

The Man Inside Me said...

I can't believe you insist on calling people out on their rude childish behavior Michael, that was hip maybe 3 years ago. Its all about eating shit and taking it up the ass (my favorite part).

papa said...

ha! it's true i'm terminally uncool and never went to the university of smiling daggers ;)

Unknown said...

Now my parents will never come visit, and we won't get our Christmas card from the Bush family!! Can't you guys talk about ass sex somewhere else?

papa said...

oh i thought he was employing a euphemism to describe finding one's self at the ass end of partiality and hassle ;) (although that does explain all the tight shirts and madonna records!)

Anonymous said...

Wonder how Phoenix will handle the spiral staircase!?

The Man Inside Me said...

I was employing a euphemism, "but eventually we all expose our hidden desires".

papa said...

phoenix even in her old age seems to be part ferret--if you've ever seen her slink around furniture to get scraps of fallen food you'd rest easy knowing those stairs will be a non issue...we in clan ocallaghan appreciate your anonymous concern ;)

Unknown said...

Actually my secret hope is that Phoenix won't be able to navigate the spiral staircase and that we will have 450 square feet of hairless space that I can retreat to when my OCD kicks in.

archives