It's moving day here. I'm at the new place while Sean and a friend are stuffing a U-Haul full of our crap and moving it over here. Sean has been doing this all week long, well, not the U-Haul part, but the moving part. He's made about 50 trips in the Fit. That car is made for hauling. The seats fold totally down so it's like a mini cargo van. Anyway we were probably 80% moved in by this morning, but they are bringing all of the big stuff over now. They've already brought over one load of big stuff, and the sectional couch -- I have no idea how they got it in here. It's amazing they didn't give up on it, but sean is a moving master. We have a free wi-fi signal here, which is good because RCN came yesterday to try to hook up the cable internet and when they got here they realized that the building is all Comcastic. Ugh. That means we'll have to pay twice as much. Or 100% less if we steal the neighbor's signal!
Maple has started putting her own words together. Yesterday, when they picked me up from work, I gave her some swedish fish from my work bag (I keep treats in there sometimes for her, for when they pick me up). After she'd had about 4 of them, I lied and told her they were all gone. But she kept asking and asking if they were really gone, and finally I said that there were some left but I was saving them for later. Then she said, "You misunderspoke. There *are* some left!" Get it, misunderstood became misunderspoke? That is very cool.
We took a shower and then took Phoenix for a long walk, past Morse St (one block away) and to a field where Maple ran herself ragged. When we got home, she fell asleep laying on my lap on the just-barely-fit-in-here couch, and I successfully transferred her to the "bedroom" (there's nothing in it yet but it's the bedroom in theory.) Sean will be back soon with the rest of the stuff and then we'll start the fun of unpacking. I'm so glad we're here. Almost.
2 comments:
Send Sean down to Tennessee when he's all done moving you in up there. I close on my house on Friday and will be slowly moving my stuff in over the next three weeks!
Hi Guys
Glad the move is going well, I love those little Maple words, lately Ellie has been telling cooperate, cooperate, because that is what I tell her when she frustrates me, you need to cooperate, it makes me laugh, oh yeah and Oh Shit too, that is one of her favorites. I printed that pic of Maple with the big red lips to show Ellie, and now she is obsessed with Maple, the poor pic is in shreds now from her packing it around everywhere she goes.
-Torrian
Post a Comment