
Sean took this today. So sweet. And now she's watching it again. I think she takes after her dad, and her mom, and her grandma. The latter two can't watch commercials without tearing up and are addicted to tear-jerker movies. And Sean is just plain sensitive. She may just be screwed.
I went to the doctor for the second time this month. I've been sick for 27 days and I couldn't believe that all I have is a cold. So I saw the nurse practitioner and you know what she said? She said I have a cold. Probably a second cold. She prescribed antibiotics but told me not to take them, and said I should take Mucinex to soggify my system, and SinuRinse in the neti pot to rinse the sogginess out. At first I didn't think the Mucinex was working, but then I got home after work and did a homemade SinuRinse (1/8t baking soda and 1/2t salt in 8 oz warm water) and you wouldn't believe the yellowy green shit that came out of my nose. It was great. And now I can smell and taste my food again! Woo hoo!
Tonight at dinner, I asked Sean which sense he would lose if he had to pick one sense to lose. After the last week of eating completely untasteable food, I can safely say I would rather be Helen Keller than unable to taste. Sean wasn't sure, he said he'd have to try each one out first before he made a decision. I was so angry yesterday about eating yet another tasteless meal that I almost drank Maple's pee out of her potty, out of spite for my cold.
Today I'm really missing Big Sur. My friend Danielle (who grew up there and still lives there) says that the Henry Miller Memorial Library (where Sean and I met) and Deetjen's Big Sur Inn (where we ate lots of breakfast, and soup after the tubs) are likely to go this year. As if the fires that threatened them weren't enough, now the runoff from the massive coastal rains is going to wreak havoc there. They are already talking about closing the road because there are sure to be lots of dangerous landslides. Maybe we can visit there this winter, and time it so that we get stuck there. For months.
Sean made scones today and I'm going to go eat another one now. Cause I can taste them! And they won't taste like pee!
3 comments:
Now I'm crying after just seeing Maple's picture. Sooo Sad:(
Have you seen thatcommercial about the little orfanded African boy named Alex?? I bawl every time!!
~W
Yea, I really should have proofread before I posted....
Post a Comment