drat!

This morning, like most mornings, Maple, Sean, Phoenix and I walked the 1.9 Google Miles to work. (We suspect it's more like 1.3 miles, but Google insists it's longer). But now it's 20 degrees out. On the way to work, Maple rides in the jogging stroller, so we can get me to work quickly, and then she walks home with Dad and Phoenix. So she has to be really bundled up to withstand 30 minutes in the stroller in 20 degrees. Fortunately my mom knitted her an Irish Fisherman's sweater last year, which is so big it will fit for at least two more years. She wears that with layers underneath and a raincoat on top to block the wind, two or three layers on her legs and rubber boots that have fake fur inside. Also a hand-knitted scarf and hat that I made her, and a crazy-big pair of snow mittens from LLBean. So she stays very warm, except for her cheeks.

Sean was looking so cute this morning and I really wanted to take a picture of him to show my mom, who knitted the sweater he was wearing 40 years ago (seriously!) and who bought him the Dale of Norway hat last year, but drat, I forgot. And then they got almost all the way home after walking me to work and Sean realized he forgot his keys, so they walked all the way back to my work to get my keys, and drat, I forgot again to take the picture. I blame the brain shrinkage. Anyway trust me, they both looked adorable. And I am excited because as cold as it is this week, it generally won't be any colder during the rest of the winter.

No comments:

archives