Last night I discovered that I have two half sisters! That sounds scandalous, and I should probably come up with a great story about one of my parents having a secret life, but it's not quite that exciting.
I was thinking about all my cousins, especially the twins, who I never see anymore because they don't come to Thanksgiving. I wish they would because I would really like to see them. Out of all my cousins, I look the most like the twins. And then I thought, duh, our dads have the same DNA! (My dad and their dad are identical twins). And so basically we have the same dad, genetically speaking, but different mothers (unless there really is something "Chinatown" going on). This means we are genetically half-sisters, sharing 25% of our DNA.
I thought about calling them and telling them about this amazing discovery, but then I realized that this news also means that they are half-siblings with my brother. They might not take that as such great news. I think he used to fart on their heads.
6 comments:
you are so odd! :)
"...i almost lost my nose, and i kinda like it...i like breathing through it..."
You need to get a pic of them and post it- I'm so curious!! Also...Now I know why you freaked when Constance thought she heard 2 heart beats! :) But WOW how cool would it be (now that she's not an infant) if Maple had an identical twin!
Reminds me of the Maury Povich episode where they were paternity testing identical twin's to determine who the father of this girls baby was....1/2 hour of drama for them to say, "they have identical DNA so we cannot tell you who the father is"- DUH! The things you find yourself watching while on maternity leave....
I love dumb TV too. This is why we don't have cable -- we'd spend way too much time watching it.
And what does the fact that the twins have identical DNA have to do with identifying the father? I'm confused...
Sorry I was not very clear- the potential Dad's were the identical twins. She only had 1 baby.
That's what I get for late night chatting...
Post a Comment