I'm still on the road to recovery. I think I missed my exit. But I'll be really really healthy, if not this Thanksgiving, maybe next Thanksgiving.
Last week I was feeling a lot better, so Thursday night I decided to try going to my hot yoga class. It was a little iffy because I felt kind of weird, but I thought I'd try it anyway. About 45 minutes into class, I noticed that I was shaking a lot, which is not that unusual, but usually you shake when holding your arms up or holding yourself up with your arms. You usually don't shake in tree pose. And then I puked. Fortunately in the bathroom, not all over the yoga studio. The teacher actually came to the bathroom after about 5 minutes to see if I was still alive. I opened the door, my face covered in water, my hair dripping wet, vomit still in the toilet, and said, "I got sick! I'm sorry!" Like she needed me to apologize. I hope the class didn't hear me heaving. The walls are pretty thin in that place.
For the next two days I was completely exhausted. Perhaps this is why they tell people with MS to avoid the heat? On Saturday, after Maple's music class, we went grocery shopping, and I was very very slow in the store. Afterwards, when I was carrying the groceries up the steps, I thought I was going to die. So I had yet another weekend of sitting on the couch! Although I felt somewhat better yesterday.
Tonight I am going to unheated yoga, and hopefully I won't throw up.
Maple and Sean are fine. They are both mentally and physically healthy, unlike me. I'm a hypochondriac who really is dying!
2 comments:
that sounds awful! if it makes you feel any better, I almost passed out/puked in a hot yoga class about year ago. I had been traveling a lot and was sort of wiped out. on top of that, I think I was fighting something off. what I learned is that you shouldn't go to hot yoga if you're feeling the slightest bit sick/tired/hungover.
I'm going to non-hot yoga tonight too. perhaps we will be cosmically connected during warrior 2. :)
I demand that you get better!!
No more sick! (As Curtis would say)
Post a Comment