So Obama won and I'm very happy about that but I am STILL FUCKING SICK and I'm ready to throw myself out a window. Fortunately I'm too heavy. I went to yet another doctor today, this time my neurologist because I was convinced I was having an MS attack. But let me start at the beginning of my incredibly boring day.
I got up and got ready for work, determined to make a go of it for at least half a day. Getting ready for work was no easy task, and I should have known I was still sick because a) I couldn't taste anything and 2) I was exhausted after getting dressed and blow drying my hair. So I drove to work and felt utterly weird, like my head was enclosed in a glass box or something. I nearly had a panic attack in my first meeting of the day, as I was so freaked out that my brain was disintegrating, but I calmed down and made an appointment with my neurologist. She scolded me for not coming in sooner (I guess my other doctors should have ordered bloodwork) and ordered a battery of blood tests including a "mono spot" and some immunoelectrophloresis or some crazy thing like that, to see if my immune system was working at all. (I could have told her the results without that test. IT'S NOT.) She mentioned changing my medication (Rebif keeps making my white blood count drop, which may be interfering with my body's ability to fight infection) and sending me to an immunologist. But she also said that it's not so unusual to be sick for a month. Of course, because this is Boston, the overcrowded home of supergerms. I'm thinking about moving, cause this is crazy. I've never had a cold for more than a week, and I am going crazy here. I see why people get depressed with chronic illnesses. I mean, I have one chronic illness already, and if that isn't sad enough, now I've got the cold that JUST WON'T DIE. AND IT'S KILLING ME!
I may not blog more until I'm well again, because I will do nothing but complain. Or perhaps I should blog more, much, much more, so that I get all this complaining and negativity out and don't share it with my poor family. Sean is getting visibly tired of reminding me that colds don't kill people. He has also been practicing such lines as "You don't have cancer" and "Losing your sense of smell goes with a COLD not MS." But I am still anxiety ridden and panicky. And complainy as usual.
4 comments:
I think it would be best for your overall health to move back to Washington! :) Feel better soon.
when you are well we should belatedly celebrate being released from the "TWELVE YEAR ASSHOLES OF THE UNIVERSE" plan
do you mean both of the bushes?
let's just say that 8+4=12 ;)
Post a Comment