Is this thing on?

Things seem well.

Healthy, vital, and nervous I suppose. A little nervous about this thing I'm putting together to submit to the Sundance film lab...nervous about finding a ride to carny in the theme park after maple starts what is probably going to be her school in September...fitting into the theme park has been the Mcguffin of my life as far back as I can remember so we'll see...it's one thing if you're solo, but i have this great little family pod, so...

It's strange that as an obdurate outcast one can end up with the best woman and little girl ever...portia has had about a zillion opportunities to trade me in for a well assimilated non person. She leaves fans behind her consistently, the trail of which, comprised of dockers, square haircuts, and personality paupers, stretches out behind her like the tail of some middle American comet. Lucky for me she is in touch with her sense of boredom.

What else? Anyone who Knows me knows I probably still get claustrophobic around personality picket pockets ;) Um...oh yeah, the weight I gained after getting clean and sober and then becoming a parent is gone...I lost nearly forty pounds this year! It just sorta' happened; but I suppose I am also motivated by seeing how so many people in their 30's sorta' throw in the towel that way...I could be free of student debt if I collect a dollar for every time I sit across a table from some chronically ill/injured, hyper-hospitalized depressed medicated moosey who disingenuously inquires, or says in THAT tone, "well isn't that interesting?" as to why I eat the way I do and why I am committed to a bit of exercise: taking queues from such specimens would be as absurd and backward as me telling someone like Oprah how to be bland and unspecific enough to appeal to as many people as possible.

Maple is waking up so I'm not going to read this over for errors...bad form for a first entry, I know...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay, you posted. I like reading your thoughts, and it's educational to see/hear what you think is fitting for an audience. :)

Unknown said...

Well done, Seany, keep'm comin:)

The Man Inside Me said...

"you have made some amazing strides my friend"

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting!
~W

archives