Yesterday we went to Boston's Museum of Fine Arts. We saw lots of old shit, some stuff was almost 5000 years old. But Maple was kind of tired, since we'd already been to Cambridge (where I finally had my glasses adjusted because I stopped wearing them after the fourth time I fell down the steps at work) and then we went to lunch at RangZen, a Tibetan restaurant. By the time we hit the museum, she was ready for a nap. So we took a quick walk around, and then came home. I made some millet casserole for dinner which, despite the lame moniker, was pretty good, and then I talked Maple into watching the Incredible Hulk with me in bed. Netflix has streaming video of lots of stuff, and they have all the original Hulk episodes from the 70s. I loved that show, and I still like how incredibly dorky it is. Sean can barely stand it, but he puts up with it. Maple of course is scared, just like I was when I first watched it at her age, but I feel this strong urge to damage her in exactly the same ways I was damaged! We're watching the Exorcist tonight. Just kidding.
Before we went out yesterday, we were going to go for a family jog to Wellesley. We got the jogging stroller down from its perch -- the jogging stroller that my mom sprang for three years ago -- and, surprise, it was all bent up. We keep it hanging in the garage and it's kind of a tight fit with the car and the motorcycle and all the other stuff, so one of us must have hit it with the car when pulling in to the garage and not realized it. I think it was me that killed the stroller, but I can't be 100% sure, there's always the possibility that SOMEONE ELSE did it. Anyway it was FUBAR'd, so I went jogging and Sean and Maple went walking.
When we got home yesterday post-museum, we checked the mail and found a 20% off coupon for any one thing at REI, plus our REI dividend coupon (they give you 10% back on purchases at the end of the year). So this morning we went to REI and got a new jogging stroller. This one, thank GOD, has a swiveling front wheel. The last stroller drove me nuts because it had a fixed front wheel and the thing never rolled straight, at least when I was piloting it. Sean loved it and never had a problem with it, but it drove me crazy so I always made him steer. Last year, if you were driving down 135 from Natick to Wellesley, you might have seen us: a thirty-something lady jogging, followed by a sweaty-but-adorable guy pushing an unwieldy stroller with a 45-pound dog attached to it via a leash. Occasionally the entire guy-stroller-kid-dog unit would end up in a jumble on the sidewalk when the dog decided to squat unexpectedly.
As Sean would say, we used the shit out of that stroller for 3 years, so it was definitely worth it, and now we have a new one that even the handicapped among us can navigate through the mall if she wants to.
Last week was another stressful work week for me, but it did have a few high points. I printed out a flowchart diagram that I made on a 3'x10' piece of paper and hung it outside my office. Now people walk by my office and think "Wow, that hippie lady actually does something!" So that's cool, good for job security.
Maple had a good week, I think. She's taken to using "fucking good" as an adjective for just about everything. About an hour ago, she informed me that she wanted to have a cookie after her "fucking good nap." Sometimes things are even "fucking great." I wonder where she heard that!? She's still taking dance lessons and going to "munchkins" class which is a thrice a week preschool thing. She still has her boyfriend Matthew, although lately she's been exhibiting concern because she thinks he doesn't like her back. I told her to give it a decade or two. This week she's having an interview at a school that we might send her to in the fall. I hope she doesn't think the school is "fucking great," or at least that she doesn't share that sentiment with the headmistress. Actually it's supposed to be a very chill school and I bet they wouldn't care if she said "fuck" at all.
1 comment:
Where are Sean's updates??
~W
Post a Comment