instead of twitter

I hardly use twitter anymore. I will now do a bunch of tweets in one blog post. Kicking it old school.

Post TV life: awesome. I hardly noticed a change at first, but now I notice that things look different:

We always eat dinner at the table. Maple and I made gingersnaps, they were great.

She loves gingersnaps from Whole Foods; I said we could make them at home. They were better. We brought some to WF and ate them while shopping.

I've been reading like crazy, cooking a lot, and learning to make bread.

Reading lots about making bread, but only 1 loaf so far. Tried to make sourdough starter twice. Failed both times.

Aside: Can I get a PhD in bread without baking it? So much flour. Messy.

More hanging out with Sean and Maple without tv. This weekend we went to the park, the local cafe, the bookstore. Spent only $10, had a great time.

Sunday we sold books at the local bookstore, $122! We traded that for some new books. About bread.

Maple got a new Arthur book (yawn), a book of poems (she loves Shel Silverstein), and an old book about a family in the App. Mtns.

Sean ordered the chess book of his dreams and a very awesome raw dessert book. He made peach/pistachio cobbler last night. YUM!!

We still watch stuff on the laptop, but not very much. Living room rearrangement very satisfying.

It's somehow easier to keep the house clean. I feel more comfortable in it without the big eye staring at me.

Very tired lately. Is it MS or a (hopefully temporarily) dissatisfying job?

I want Mark Bittmans' new veg cookbook. It's not vegan but it looks awesome, has lots of vegan alternatives.

Sunday dinner: homemade bread, bollo misto, salad with tamari roasted sunflower seeds and mustard vinaigrette, dill-infused cucumber salad. All homemade, all produce from farmer's market. (Okay that was more than 140 characters, I'm getting lazy.)

Is writing tweet-length thoughts a sign that my brain is deteriorating? I think it was better when I wrote paragraphs.

No comments:

archives