
@ karma in cambridge ma
Originally uploaded by maple's mama
We went to Boston and Cambridge today and did a little walking around, browsing in stores, and eating at Wagamama, which is a little Japanese noodle place. It's actually a chain, with locations all over the world, but this is the first time we've been. We tried fried rice (no egg), yasai itame -- a coconut-based noodle soup with tofu, and a kid's ramen bowl for Maple. It was all pretty decent, but not spectacular. It was a fun experience though because the service was great, the place was clean, the food tasted fresh, and everyone sits at long picnic-style tables, right next to other diners. Maple got to be as loud as she wanted, which is always a bonus.
Afterwards we walked around Cambridge. We went to Maple's favorite toy store and Sean picked out the Candy Land game (remember that?) for her. I got D'Aulaire's Book of Norse Myths. I tried to get it for Maple, but said she didn't want it, so I had to buy it for myself! I had the D'Aulaire's Book of Greek Myths as a kid, so I'm nostalgic for the cool drawings of the D'Aulaire brothers. Then we had some vegan treats at the Karma Yoga Studio and Cafe. Maple had a prepackaged chocolate chip cookie that was pretty awesome. My friend Emilie used to bake vegan cupcakes for Karma so I was looking forward to that, but they didn't have any of Em's delicious cakes. Bummer!
Tonight we're working on Maple's knitting and doing random house chores. Maple wants "two thousand bucks" for her small ball of yarn and bamboo knitting needles. Anyone?
1 comment:
Levi has that same book - the Greek Mythology one!
- Krista
Post a Comment